Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Quotation: for the times when i got nothin' to say...

"Without philosophy, action has no meaning.”- Sebastian Foucan

"Down there we know, the streets we know, but up here? Nobody's been here." -David Belle

"Everything was invented when somebody was alone.”- Sebastian Foucan

"All these people here, they come and they want me to do big things, expect me to do big drops so they can sell pictures, put it on their websites, whatever. But what is my motivation then? I could do this jump once and maybe get hurt, but even if I don't get hurt what is the point right here, right now? To make these people happy? If my family was over there and needed me, I wouldn't even hesitate. I would do it for them and that's who I train and do these things for." I'm not a monkey, I can't be treated like one. I don't understand how people want to put themselves into great risk for money. I've trained so long and hard for myself, to save people, to protect my family... People get into Parkour now just train in order to do risks for media, I just can't understand why they would do so. That was never the goal of Parkour." -David Belle

"You can find the way by yourself naturally, you just need a guide to tell you to be careful, to not do this to impress people, just follow your instincts."- Sebastian Foucan

3 comments:

Eilonwy said...

Is that guy wearin' a shirt with fake abs on it? That's gross. The only thing grosser than that would be if they were HIS abs, and then I would Xprobably scream in disgust and dismay.


Gosh, I hope it's no one you know. Even more so, I hope he's not reading this.

Austin Koon said...

Sweet. Oh, and I copied your blog picture idea thing haha

Austin Koon said...

Oh by the way, you'll have to check out mine and mike's new video