Thursday, March 12, 2009

In Which I Play the Bard...

A couple nights ago I was out wandering around, and i came to this one beautiful spot for a cat leap. it was completely within my abilities, but certainly not a small gap either. I paced around for a bit, wrestling with myself, and finally did it. But then I spent some time thinking about the mental progression of a leap like that, and I decided it was poetry worthy.
Now whether I'm poetry worthy or not is another question entirely...But in any case, the following is my own humble attempt to capture the emotions of that moment.


The Battle

My way is clear,
yet held by an unknown force I remain
pacing in agitation,
uncertainty? no.
This is fear.

Fear unjustified,
I make the leap and grasp the edge,
but only in my mind's eye,
it is enough.
My resolve solidified.

A battle within,
a culmination of emotion,
my heart screams for relief,
I know will come,
but only if I take the leap.

My heart beats fast,
yet within my mind a door closes,
the battle dies down,
I am one.
Alone at last...

No time left,
the ground falls away beneath,
yet all is right.
In midair, freedom,
flight beyond regret.

fear and gravity overcome,
my fingers grip the ledge,
peace at last,
the struggle over,
another battle won.


7 comments:

Austin Koon said...

I wrote a poem too in class about a month ago

Austin Koon said...

i may just post it! yours is good

Eilonwy said...

Where have all the bloggers gone, long time passing?

When will they ever learn?

Eilonwy said...

BOO!!! BOOOOOOO!!!!

Boo to you. Rubbish, filth, muck, slime, BLOG BLOG BLOG!!!

Anonymous said...

Publish worthy .........really. It is very good.

Austin Koon said...

Blog already haha

Anonymous said...

Like the poem.........alot.