Sunday, February 10, 2008

Philosophy: random musings...

Parkour is my drug.
It occurs to me that I've always used it as a form of escapism. When I'm training, I can leave it all behind, whatever kind of stress I happen to be under at the time, be it mental, emotional, academic, etc.

I can honestly say that even when my life seems really screwed up at the time, when I'm parkouring, i don't know it... i suppose it's because when you're hanging by your fingertips two or three stories off the ground it's hard to remember life's other struggles;-)

Essentially, parkour has allowed me to maintain my sanity on many occasions when i probably would have otherwise lost it. It gives me a chance to focus all my energy, both physically and mentally. I can lose myself in it. i can get outside of the confines of my mind. it's just me, and God, and the urban jungle...and that's how we like it.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

in case you're wondering i love how you write... :)

traceur4ever said...

well thanks!
can't say that's exactly what i was wondering...
it all seems kind of scatter-brained and repetitive to me...
here's hoping my philosophy professor loves it too;-)

Shannon said...

haha !! your profile picture is pretty awesome, if you know what i mean.. ;) anyways, i glad you find a release in running around like a madman, and hope you're legs stop hurting soo much.

Joe said...

Sounds like you have a plan. Everyone should have something like this. A way to shut out almost everything out...and be profitable at the same time. ;)

I'm not sure what mine is. Paintball keeps your mind very busy....maybe that's mine. I like how you write too btw. Seems very sincere and personal.