Monday, March 24, 2008

hmmm...

I went to the Y the other day and got to work on my backflip and dash vault.
yes, i am attempting backflips again. for those of you who don't know, i nailed the backflip early last summer, with no spotter, just me and grass, can you say stupid?! and naturally the third time i did it i got too excited and came down directly on my head. with all 200 lbs of me. yes... a less than ideal situation to say the least...

so after paying off my cairopractor bills i decided that i was way too tall (and injury prone) to be doing flips anyways, so i gave up free-running and devoted myself to becoming a full-fledged, anti-flipping, elitist parkour snob:p

but now i'm starting it up again...can you still say stupid??? haha.... yeah i succumbed to peer pressure...so we'll see how that goes....

2 comments:

Austin Koon said...

I'm trying back flips too! Pretty excited and my sister is a cheerleader so she can help spot me. Kinda gay but heck it's a back flip. Me and Michael David did dash vaults near his hometown on the big tube it was fun you should ask him about it.

Joe said...

haha...flips are awesome man when you can land them. :) I did a front flip the other day just out of the blue off of like a 2 foot bench....first time landed pretty much flat on my butt. Second time I basically stuck it. :) I can do them off things a little higher with a lot more consistancy. Backflips haven't happened yet. ;) Don't get yourself killt.